Ricotta be kidding me.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 pound mozarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel speeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp salt, pepper, parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Preheat oven to 375*F
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles over meat sauce. Spread slices of mozzarella over noodles. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella and sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Repeat layers and top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cover with foil making sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before eating.
- The sauce makes a great spaghetti sauce as well. Make it in bulk and freeze it. Should stay for about 4 months.